Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Orange Braised Pork Loin

I was at the store the other day, looking for some meat. I wasn't sure what to get, I just wanted something good to play around with, and then I saw it... Pork Loin.


Now the first thing to remember is that I live alone, so I can't buy too awful much at one time, right? Well, I saw this pork loin for only $18, so I bought it!

It was about 9 lbs. I never got to play with this big of one before, just little ones, so this ought to be fun.



I decided to make Orange Braised Pork Loin for the first time so I got out the ingredients I would need. Onion, Garlic, (you can't see the garlic too well,) OJ, flour, vinegar, (I used my strawberry vinegar when the recipe called for balsamic,) Creole seasoning, salt, pepper, oil, and brown sugar.


First off, I split up the pork loin into four pieces and froze two. One I put away for next and this one I used, probably about 2 to 2-1/2 lbs.


I put a few tablespoons of oil into my dutch oven and got it started.


Then I put a couple tablespoons of Creole seasoning on a plate...


...added black pepper...


...two tablespoons of flour...

...and rolled the loin in it to coat all sides.



 Then I browned it on all the sides, and added the onion

 ...one cup of Orange juice...

...two tablespoons of vinegar, (as I mentioned I used my killer homemade Strawberry vinegar,) ...

...cover and cook for about an hour or until it's at least 150 degrees in the center.

Damn it's good!

Then I sliced it up for lunches.

This came out pretty good for a first try. It's similar to the braising I did with the corned beef for St. Patrick's Day, although this time I used orange juice instead of Guinness Stout.

I've got some other loins left, (obviously,) so I'm going to try some other interesting recipes. This one worked out well and was not too much work, so I'll certainly use it again.

Enjoy yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment