Sunday, December 23, 2012

Well, folks, whatcha doing Christmas eve?

I'm thinking of going to Alamere Falls up at Point Reyes. I've never been to the south end of Point Reyes before and this is way south. You have to find Bolinas before you can even start, (fortunately, I know where Bolinas is at, so no problem there.)

You go through Bolinas and out Mesa road to the Polamarin parking area, and then it's about an 8.5 mile round trip hike. It's probably going to rain some, but so what. I can go home and take a hot shower afterwards.

Alamere Falls are only about 40 feet tall so nothing totally spectacular, however they fall right down to the beach at the Pacific Ocean. From what I understand there are not a lot of these. We've been getting some rain, so the falls will be at least decent.

The pictures I look at online show a pretty nice falls though, plus it's an 8.5 mile walk which should be pretty good for me. I need to start getting into better shape. I really do intend to complete the upper falls trail at Yosemite this spring!

Anyway, wish me good photographing.

No comments:

Post a Comment