Monday, March 18, 2013

Ghost Peppers again

Yepper, I'm trying this again. I got my plants-in-a-can a week or so ago and I've started one. It hasn't sprouted yet. It's kinda cold here, but it should make it. I'm trying to get it warm enough by keeping it indoors with a baggie over it like a mini-greenhouse. That and putting it in the kitchen up on the stove when I'm baking. That gets it up to about 80° maybe.

I got a Ghost Pepper and a Scorpion Pepper.
These come in little cans with a pop-open drain in the bottom and a pop-off top to grow out of.

I also just today got my dried Ghost Peppers. I haven't even opened the package yet. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them, or the plants either if I can get them to grow, but it's something to do. I'm trying to do as many things as I can before I'm gone. Kinda working on my Bucket List of the minor things most people have already done by this point in their lives.

Sunday was Saint Patrick's Day.

I invited my three homeless buddies over. One of them got food stamps and had asked if he bought would I cook a corned beef brisket. I'd said sure and then decided to make it a day so I got Saint Brendan's Irish Cream* and a 12-pack of Guinness. Plus I did this great recipe from Octoberfarm. It was put together so well I had no problem doing it even though it was all unfamiliar. I especially liked the concannon potato's, although I even hesitated when it came time to put the cabbage into the mashed potato's. It worked out great though as the bacon gave it that special flavor and the cabbage gave it some fantastic texture.

It was really easy, too, especially because of the way the recipe was shown step-by-step in photo's.
In fact, I took my own photo's of same and intend to post my experience with this recipe soon.

That's enough for now. My cheddar-rice bake just came out.
Dang!
I shoulda photo'd it too.
Well, next time.

Later,
Jou Baur

* Saint Brendan's Irish Cream is actually the best of them, but Baileys has the famous name. It's the only one made in a real dairy with double-rich cream and real Irish Mist Whiskey. Try them side-by-side sometime.



No comments:

Post a Comment